Wednesday, July 13, 2011

How I eat

To summarize I eat low-carb, but here's some deets.

What I do not eat.
Sugar - cakes, cookies, granola bars, ice cream, etc....
Starches - potatoes (all kinds), beans (green beans are fine), corn, etc
Grains - breads, rice, oatmeal, quinoa, etc
Some fruits - bananas, oranges, (at first I didn't eat grapes or pears or peaches etc..)
Dairy - yogurt, milk

What I do eat:
Fruit - berries - all berries!, apples, (after 6 months I added all other fruits.. although bananas I don't eat often)
Veggies - Most everything green is good, salads, cabbage, peppers, be adventurous
Protein powder - I use the muscle milk stuff Costco sells but any low carb protein powder should be fine as long as you like the taste
Dairy - cottage cheese - one of my staples!!, cheese - all kinds but all with moderation, low-carb yogurt I have added this past week and I seem to be doing well, but I would not recommend until maintenance mode

I know this list in incomplete and I will add to it as I think of it.

Here is a sample of what I eat in a day.

Breakfast: Protein shake made with 10 oz water, 1 scoop protein powder, 2 cups spinach, 2/3 cup berries.

Snack: 1/2 apple and string cheese

Lunch: Salad with mixed greens or romaine lettuce (really doesn't matter what kind of greens you use), feta, toasted almonds, chicken (or another meat), 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 TBSP pesto, and red peppers. The pesto and cottage cheese act as the dressing. If you don't like the chunks in the cottage cheese you can process this in a blender or food processor first.

Snack: Tzatziki and pepper strips or other veggie ( the Tzatziki I get from Costco and is very low-carb.)

Dinner: Pork loin with teriyaki sauce (yes, I know this has sugar in it, but I only use a little bit). Steamed green beans, 1/2 apple.

I try not to eat after 8 at night but have broken this rule many times.

This is just a start of what I eat. I will continue to add to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment